- 100% hand built from scratch using plank on frame method
- Completed models contain thousands of details created by the skillful master craftsmen.
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood.
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of the models.
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes the models authentic.
- Each model goes through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
- A strong wooden crate for each shipment is used to protect the product from breakage.
- Perfect gift for home or office decor, boat enthusiasts or passionate collectors
- Please select UPS or Fedex GROUND for the shipping method when you check out after adding it to the basket.
Dimension: L: 38 W: 13 H: 32 Inches
Click this link to see the details
About Constitution Copper Bottom E.E.:
This is an exclusive edition of the USS Constitution, where the model is uniquely identified by a laser cut hull serial number. 100% hand built from scratch using "plank on frame" construction method. Copper plated hull covered with fiberglass for reinforcement. Without this fiberglass, the copper plates will fall off as time goes by. Hundreds of hours is required to finish a model. Completed models contain thousands of details created by our skillful master craftsmen. Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood. Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of our models. Extensive research through original plans and pictures make our models authentic. Each model goes through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop. Just the perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast or passionate collector.
The U.S.S. Constitution, a three-mast frigate, is the worlds oldest commissioned warship. Built primarily with dense southern live oak, its hull was 21 inches thick in an era when 18 inches was common. Paul Revere forged the copper spikes and bolts that held the planks in place. The 204-foot-long ship was first put to to sea in 1798 and its most famous era of naval warfare was the War of 1812 against Britain, when it captured numerous merchant ships and defeated five warships, including the H.M.S. Guerriere. It was during the ferocious battle with the Guerriere that British seamen, astonished at how their cannonballs were bouncing off the Constitution's hull, cried out, "Sir, Her sides are made from Iron!" Hence, the nickname, "Old Ironsides." The Constitution today is national landmark and is docked in Boston.
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 04 April, 2010.